On July 15, 2021, Prince Edward Island conducted a new invitation round in the Prince Edward Island Provincial Nominee Program (PEI PNP). In the seventh round of 2021, the province issued 118 invitations to apply to skilled workers in the Labour Impact and Express Entry streams. The province also invited 9 candidates in the Business Work Permit Entrepreneurs stream. The lowest score for business candidates was 75 points, 15 points more than in the June draw. In 2021, the PEI PNP invited 1,033 candidates to apply for the provincial nomination. 98 invitees belong to business class candidates. The next round is scheduled for August 19, 2021.
- International students still struggle to get permanent residency
- Workers of the Canadian Border Service Agency voted in favour of strike action
- Canada will invite a record number of immigrants this year
- Ministers discussed the importance of long-term planning in the immigration system
- British Columbia held a new draw in the BCPNP Tech
- Manitoba conducted MPNP draw #122