On July 21, 2021, the City of Greater Sudbury held a new round of invitations in the Rural and Northern Immigration Pilot (RNIP). In this round, Sudbury considered 3 candidates, 1 more than in the June 4 draw. The lowest score of this draw was 260 points, 5 points fewer than in the previous draw. The last applicant in this draw was considered on July 16, 2021. In 2020, Sudbury invited 42 candidates, and in total, 54 individuals were recommended by the city since the launch of the program. This year, in total, 71 applicants have already been invited.
- Jean Boulet became the new Quebec Immigration Minister
- The number of foreign tourists in Canada has increased 14 times
- Top 10 in-demand job vacancies in Quebec
- The Canadian Immigration Lawyers Association warned that the new immigration college will not be successful too
- Ontario has recorded the largest population outflow since the 1980s
- Alberta invited new candidates and updated the AINP inventory