On July 21, 2021, the City of Greater Sudbury held a new round of invitations in the Rural and Northern Immigration Pilot (RNIP). In this round, Sudbury considered 3 candidates, 1 more than in the June 4 draw. The lowest score of this draw was 260 points, 5 points fewer than in the previous draw. The last applicant in this draw was considered on July 16, 2021. In 2020, Sudbury invited 42 candidates, and in total, 54 individuals were recommended by the city since the launch of the program. This year, in total, 71 applicants have already been invited.
- Bridging work permit for TR2PR applicants to be announced on July 26
- Yukon’s growth means the province will demand more immigrants
- New Brunswick will hold a virtual immigration fair this summer
- Canada launched a special program to resettle the Afghan refugees
- Thunder Bay issued 52 new community recommendations under the RNIP
- Quebec requires knowledge of French from spouses of applicants