On October 7, 2021, the Government of Ontario proposed amendments to Ontario Regulation 422/17 (General) that directly impact the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program’s (OINP) Employer Job Offer: In-Demand Skills (EJO IDS) stream. According to the proposed regulations, employers seeking approval of a NOC 7511 (Transport truck drivers) employment position under the Employer Job Offer: In-Demand Skills stream will have to be registered with Ontario’s Commercial Vehicle Operator’s Registration (CVOR) system, and have a Carrier Safety Rating (CSR) of Excellent, Satisfactory or Satisfactory-Unaudited. The Government will also check employers’ business ties to the province since they will be required to have their vehicles plated in Ontario. The new amendments are posted on Ontario’s Regulatory Registry for public consultation which ends on November 21, 2021.
- Chinese immigrants lost to Indian immigrants
- Job Growth in Canada exceeded analysts’ predictions
- The WES Gateway Program will help refugees in Canada to prove their academic credentials
- British Columbia started the application intake under the Economic Mobility Pathways Pilot
- Ottawa accepts applications under the expanded Economic Mobility Pathways Pilot
- Newfoundland and Labrador will support international students to keep them in the province