Since the relationship between Canada and China hit the lowest point from the time diplomatic ties were established, the Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship announced a new immigration initiative for Hong Kong residents in November. From February 8, 2021, the Canadian government started to accept applications of Hong Kong residents for three-year open work permits. “The ties that bind Canada and Hong Kong run deep. With many young Hong Kong residents casting their eyes abroad, we want them to choose Canada,” said press secretary Alexander Cohen. According to information provided by the Canadian immigration department, more than 500 applications were received within the first three weeks.
- Nova Scotia held new draws in the Entrepreneur and the International Graduate Entrepreneur Streams
- Ontario invited 72 candidates under the Employer Job Offer: In-Demand Skills Stream
- Canada introduced delivery updates for temporary resident program and new LMIA exemption codes
- Canada lifted travel restrictions for direct flights from India
- 2021 Election results and immigration to Canada
- British Columbia invited 74 candidates under the BCPNP Tech