The concern is growing in Canada over the new strain of COVID-19, first discovered in South Africa and detected in several European countries. In Canada, Chief Medical Officer Theresa Tam reiterated how the vaccination campaign must proceed according to schedule, with the third dose first for those least protected and then for all those who have already received two doses. Virologist Zain Chagla has called for calm and emphasized how the citizens need more data to better identify the problem. Canada has blocked flights to and from southern African countries until January 31 and prohibited the entry of foreign citizens who have travelled through southern Africa.
- Canada lifts the travel ban for South African countries
- New Permanent Atlantic Immigration Program will have a new requirement
- British Columbia will issue the final invitations in the week of December 20, 2021
- Atlantic Immigration Pilot became permanent
- Quebec increased fees for Ministry services
- Ottawa exempted Ethiopians from the 12-months bar for a pre-removal risk assessment