The government of Canada updated the Temporary Public Policy for Out-of-Status Construction Workers in the Greater Toronto Area (GTA) that was implemented on January 2, 2020. The policy has sought to regularize individuals who have been contributing to the Canadian economy by filling a regional labour market need. The new temporary public policy will have the same objectives and will further facilitate access to permanent resident status for 500 construction workers and their family members in the GTA. The former public policy will terminate on July 29, 2021 and be replaced by the new public policy that takes effect on July 30, 2021.
- ESDC released new processing times for LMIA applications
- New Brunswick is seeking Data Scientists and Engineers
- Canada introduced program delivery update for healthcare workers permanent residence pathway
- British Columbia invited 68 persons under the Tech Pilot
- Manitoba conducted unexpected MPNP draw #117
- Canada updated the temporary public policy for out-of-status construction workers in the Greater Toronto Area