In October 2021, the number of invitations fell sharply due to the suspension of the Express Entry CEC category. In October, Express Entry conducted only two rounds of draws, and a total of 1,569 EE candidates in the provincial nomination category were invited. Compared to the 3,917 invitations issued in September, this is a drop of 60%. Only candidates in the provincial nomination category are invited, which means that experienced immigrant applicants (mainly international students) have lost the opportunity to be invited this month.
- Chinese immigrants lost to Indian immigrants
- Job Growth in Canada exceeded analysts’ predictions
- The WES Gateway Program will help refugees in Canada to prove their academic credentials
- British Columbia started the application intake under the Economic Mobility Pathways Pilot
- Ottawa accepts applications under the expanded Economic Mobility Pathways Pilot
- Newfoundland and Labrador will support international students to keep them in the province