On October 20, 2021, Ontario Immigration Nominee Program (OINP) issued invitations to apply (ITAs) for the Master’s Graduate and Ph.D. Graduate streams. The province issued 479 ITAs to the eligible candidates under the Master’s Graduate Stream. The minimum score of this round was 35 points, the same as it was in the previous draw. Ontario also invited 63 candidates under the Ph.D. Graduate Stream. The minimum score for this draw was 25, 9 points more than in the previous program-specific draw. In 2020, the province has not invited any candidates under these two streams. In 2019, OINP invited only 1,000 candidates of the Master’s Graduate Stream. In total, Ontario invited 1,834 candidates under the Master’s Graduate Stream, and 204 candidates under the Ph.D. Graduate Stream in 2021.
- Chinese immigrants lost to Indian immigrants
- Job Growth in Canada exceeded analysts’ predictions
- The WES Gateway Program will help refugees in Canada to prove their academic credentials
- British Columbia started the application intake under the Economic Mobility Pathways Pilot
- Ottawa accepts applications under the expanded Economic Mobility Pathways Pilot
- Newfoundland and Labrador will support international students to keep them in the province