On May 7, 2021, at 1:01 PM Eastern Standard Time, Canada’s new International Graduate stream for English speakers reached its cap of 40,000 applications. The International Graduate stream and two other streams for essential workers, as well as three streams for French-speaking candidates, were launched on May 6, at 12:00 PM EST. Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) plans to admit 90,000 individuals through the English streams. As of May 10, 1:30 AM EST the number of applications for other streams is 1,062 applications out of 20,000 slots for healthcare workers and 6,994 applications out of 30,000 slots for essential non-healthcare workers. As for the French streams, IRCC accepted 11 healthcare worker applications, 281 other essential worker applications, and 96 international graduate applications.
- Quebec invited 69 candidates in the fourth round of Arrima in 2021
- Fully vaccinated international students can be exempted from mandatory quarantine
- Ontario issued 583 NOIs in the Human Capital Priorities Stream
- Canada invited 1,002 provincial nominees in the Express Entry draw #193
- British Columbia held a new draw
- Canada’s new Oath of Citizenship officially recognizes First Nations, Inuit and Metis rights